INDIA TRAVEL AGENTS ENJOY THE DELIGHTS OF SYDNEY 2017 INDIA MICE AGENT FAMIL
Leading Indian travel agents enjoyed a four-day unique Sydney experience and were treated to a sample of what adventures and outstanding sceneries await companies looking to hold incentive trips to inspire, motivate and reward employees.
LAND, SEA AND AIR
Sydney hits the trifecta for one of the most diversified incentive event programs in the world, with a huge variety of adventure packed activities spanning land, sea and air. The group enjoyed:
- An adrenalin-pumped quad biking experience of the famous Sand Dunes in Port Stephens
- A sailing regatta on the Sydney Harbour with personalised nautical gear
- And a private helicopter tour overlooking the changing landscape from the city to regional New South Wales.
- The group also visited some of the most iconic landmarks, including:
- The thrilling bridge climb up the renowned Sydney Harbour Bridge,
- The Harley Davidson bike cruise all the way to the golden beaches of Bondi
- And a tour of The Sydney Opera House a World Heritage-listed masterpiece.
SYDNEY’S PERSONAL TOUCH
An important aspect when Sydney delivers incentive events is the personal touch that makes the experience that more memorable. As a nod to the Indian nation’s love for cricket, the agents enjoyed an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the Sydney Cricket Ground.
Sydney is renowned for thinking ‘outside the box’ when it comes to team building activities and Pirates of Port Stephens was a classic example. The activity had the agents scouring a secret island in the pursuit of buried treasure overcoming varies obstacles both physically and mentally challenging.
AN AUSSIE EXPERIENCE
Known for its unique wildlife, the group visited the WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo where they had up-close-and-personal encounters with kangaroos and echidnas.
After taking in the wonders of the highest coastal sand dunes in the southern hemisphere and the glorious views of the sweeping coastline. Agents gathered around Sand Dune Adventure experts to get an understanding of the Aboriginal history of the land and learnt about essential Bush resources.
The groups relished in the delights of Cypress Lakes, a picturesque resort with an impressive 18-hole championship golf course located in the beautiful wine district of the internationally renowned Hunter Valley. This was followed by some well-earned downtime, as they enjoyed wine tasting and a gourmet lunch in the surrounding vineyards.
MAJOR GROWTH IN INDIA
The event came at an opportune time for the Indian MICE market. In the last two years, the number of Indian incentives travelling to Sydney has more than doubled, and this shows no sign of slowing down.
In 2016 Sydney delivered seven Indian incentive events and then welcomed a further 11 in 2017 year-to-date, worth an economic impact of $14.3 million from India. Sinead Yeo, Regional Director of Asia said that she and the teamwork closely with their clients to create event opportunities that help them achieve their business goals.
“We continually see Sydney delivering a strong return on investment (ROI) for our clients looking to drive company performance and motivate staff through incentive events. Increasingly, we are welcoming return clients who know only too well the positive dividends for their employees and organisations of events held in Sydney,” said Ms Yeo.
“Sydney is an incredibly well-rounded city. It's home to the World Heritage-listed Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge and tops most people’s list of dream destinations. The city consistently ranks high on global measures of liveability, sustainability, and health, safety and security. The city offers a wide range of unique and unforgettable experiences for clients and their delegates from team-building activities, to gala dinners, sightseeing and shopping. There’s so much to see and do for delegates, the trouble is trying to fit it all in,” added Ms Yeo.
WHAT THEY HAD TO SAY
“This was my first trip to Sydney. Before I arrived I had an idea of what to expect, but it was so much more. I had such a wonderful experience; Sydney is amazing! There is so much to see and do, not only in the city but in the surrounding areas,” Sumit Kumar Singh, FCM
“The helicopter ride from Sydney to Port Stephens was the highlight of my trip. I’ve done five helicopter tours in various countries around the world, but Sydney was without a doubt the best I’ve experienced,” George Varghese, JTB
“The team building was a great experience. I was so enthusiastic and enjoyed myself so much. The activities helped us break the ice and get to know each other much better. It will be great for our clients to help motivate their teams,” Meenakshi Chauhan, SOTC
“Europe is famous for wine tasting but my experience in the Hunter Valley was remarkable in comparison. The Australian culture, people and the destination itself is just so beautiful,” Rinita Chakraborty, Club 7 Holidays
- Team building: hand-crafting parrots, customising pirate flags and competing in various challenges to find buried treasure.
- Iconic landmarks: Sydney Harbour Bridge, Opera House, and the golden beaches of Bondi Beach.
- Soft adventure: Quad biking the wonders of the highest coastal sand dunes.
- Water activities: sailing regatta, dolphin sightseeing and an extravagant dinner boat cruise.
- Panoramic views: private helicopter tour with spectacular views of Sydney and regional NSW.
- Australian Indigenous experience: Indigenous Australian history and essential bush resources.