BESydney Ambassador Dinner and Investiture 2015
The Hon John Howard OM AC delivered an ‘Australian Oration’ on the global economic future with high profile Business Events Sydney (BESydney) Ambassadors announced at a gala dinner at the Sydney Opera House.
The new Ambassadors are:
• Sally Loane, CEO, Financial Services Council
• Zareh Nalbandian, CEO, Animal Logic
• Lee White, CEO, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
• Professor Ian Jacobs, President and Vice-Chancellor, University of New South Wales
• Professor Barney Glover, Vice-Chancellor and President, University of Western Sydney
• Professor Stephen Simpson AC, Academic Director, Charles Perkins Centre
• Professor Ken Maher, HASSELL Fellow, Professor UNSW Built Environment.
Ambassadors use their global network and expertise to help BESydney secure multi-million dollar international events for Australia. These span priority sectors including infrastructure, information and communication technology, professional services, medical research and education. Hosting these events drives STEM jobs, fosters innovation and entices global talent to relocate.
Launched in 2009, the BESydney Ambassador Program today includes more than 90 influential leaders including the Hon Warwick Smith AM and Rod McGeoch AO.